Thats right ladies and gentlemen...time for my edible cookie dough recipe...even though I have sneakily posted it before and you can find it if you look really hard through my feed ha!
Since being in the US I have learnt one very important thing....cookie dough is more readily available than water in the grocery stores. Now, when I say cookie dough I mean the kind that is pre made and ready to be cut and baked for cookies. EDIBLE cookie dough on the other hand has been few and far between! Hence why I am sharing this epic and super easy recipe you can make at home with ingredients you probably already have!
This glorious addition to my cakes and cupcakes was super popular when I was in Australia and I wanted to make sure what I was using was safe to consume. Obviously with it being edible (no bake) there is no need for eggs. Also one thing to be considerate of (one must be very considerate when making edible cookie dough obviously) is the flour! Eating raw flour is a firm no no and while people aren't getting sick or dying daily from it I would strongly recommend against it.
That's why heat treating your flour before adding to your cookie dough is super important and then I obviously like to keep the cookie dough cold after making it!
Oh and I just use the basic b*tch chocolate chips for this but you can honestly chop up anything and add it in! *** would not recommend hotdogs or pickles.
- 113g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 cup plain/all purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or as needed for desired consistency
- 175g of chocolate chips or whatever mix in you’d like!
- To avoid any bacteria in your flour heat treat it by microwaving for 1 min or in the oven for 5-7 mins at 350F/170C.
- Cream butter & sugar in a stand mixer or with hand mixer together until smooth and creamy. Add in flour and mix until a thick dough forms, to thin out add in milk. I like to use a thinner version for piping into cupcakes or to use in between cake layers.
- Add chocolate chips or whatever mix ins you'd like and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for up to 2 months! I like using mason jars they're nice and cheap and keep everything fresh!
Yum yum yum!! Cannot wait to make this!! Thanks for sharing 🥰🧁
Leave a comment